Summer is all about slimming down, toning up and getting your cardio up.
Today’s Workout: Ab and Leg day.
This is a workout that requires a partner (to make it more fun) and a ton of motivation/discipline.
Stretching is a must as always, before and after the workout. Stay Hydrated
Start with your phone. Pull up your timer app.
- Jump Rope consistently for an entire song.
- Pull up any 3 minute song on your phone. Jump to various speeds. (I like to speed up every time the chorus comes on).
- Lay On Your Back: do scissor kicks for 30 seconds
- Roll Over: Plank for 1 minute
- Roll Back Over: grab a medicine ball and bring it side to side continuously for 30 seconds
- all the while tense up your ab muscles to get the most out of it
- Lay On Your Back: do leg raises, with legs straight (not bent) for 30 seconds
- Targets those dreaded lower abs that we neglect .
- Make sure not to let your feet hit the ground at any point!
End of First Set
Take a 2 minute break. Drink Water wipe off your sweat. We’re just getting started.
- Again jump rope for an entire song
- work on your rhythm, change your speeds up once you get a hang of it, jump higher, jump on one leg, change feet. etc.
- this a an extremely effective way of working on your cardio, without the stagnant pace of running on a treadmill, so expect to sweat!
- Jump Squat while holding a medicine ball close to your chest
- do this for 30 seconds
- I use a 14lb medicine ball
- Grab 2 dumbbells (at whatever weight you’re comfortable with, I usually do 35 lbs)
- do forward lunges for 1 minute
- Jump Squat for 1 minute without the medicine ball
- Forward Lunge for 1 minute without dumbbells
End of Second Set
Repeat 1st and 2nd sets for 4 total sets