Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a huge food junkie
but I’m sure all of you can relate, as you get older, your metabolism isn’t quite the same at 25 as it was when you were 18. A weekend of hardcore drinking and dining out can really take a toll on your body the following week.
As ironic as it sounds, taking a day to myself to be lazy and catch up Netflix documentaries actually led me to get my diet back on the healthy track.
I don’t expect everyone to completely change their life-style for the sake of being healthy, but I gaurantee that if you implement at least some of the steps in the action plan below, you’ll not only feel healthier, lose weight but also have a lot more energy to continue to do what you love.
Seems intimidating? Don’t know where to start? Try this:
- Go to your local farmers market.
- Buy locally grown fruits and veggies: Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Broccoli, Apples, Strawberries, Chia Seeds.
- Buy a Juicer. Not to be confused with a Blender. Juicing maintains the nutrients without all the access waste.
- Experiment! Make it fun. Test out different recipes.
Here’s one that’s quick and easy, yet effective.
Healthy Green Juice
I made this for my mom for the first time a couple weeks ago and the moment she sipped it, she told me how her
“body felt so overwhelmingly energetic, almost like a high”
Don’t believe me? Take it from the woman herself haha.You gotta love her
Try this guy:
Breakfast Zinger Juice
I love to cook. I love exploring different recipes.. I also love to save money where I can. So meal prepping became something I could rely on.
If you have any amazing meal prep ideas, please share. In the meantime I’ll let you know what works for me.
- Kale and Spinach sautéed in red wine and olive oil vinaigrette
- Baked Lemon infused Salmon with choice of seasoning
- Jasmin Rice
- Steamed Broccoli
- Baked Potatoes
- Sautéed Garlic Shrimp Scampi cooked with butter and white wine
- For Vegetarians, substitute tofu for shrimp and cook the same way
For more amazing recipes and healthy food options please show my good friend Charlotte some love on her food blog.
She presents food in a way that’s clean and exciting. There are recipes for all different types of meals, whether you’re looking for a quick snack, a hearty dinner or just something different, Charlotte does an amazing job breaking down what ingredients you need, and step by step directions! Easy as 1 2 3
It’s an absolute delight and I’m positive you’ll find at least one, if not more, recipes that’ll spark your interest and will have you wanting to learn more!